Sunday, December 6, 2015

PROVO MTC - Day 2: December 4, 2015

How are you guys? I wish I had known that my p-days were going to be on Fridays because I have no idea what Dad's emails are....oops. Well things here are good. The MTC is very different then I thought it would be. Don't ask me to explain because I really can't, but its just different but good different. I saw Sister Hall yesterday. I was really happy to see a familiar face! I'm still trying to get into the swing of things. My stress and anxiety have definitely begun to settle, which is good. My companions name is Sister Pyper. She is pretty great. She is from Seattle, which is awesome because I love Washington!! There are two sets of Sister Missionaries in my district and we are all going to Raleigh. The two sets of Elders in our district are going to Richmond, VA. My teachers are awesome! Sister Dodds is probably my favorite though. In the past day and a half she has really helped us to expand and deepen our knowledge of the gospel. She is constantly asking us why, why, why. Yesterday we learned about the importance of baptism and why it so essential to making it back to our Heavenly Father. We learned that Heavenly Father has said that no unclean thing can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. That is why we must take the name of a perfect being upon us so that we can be cleansed. Thus, when we are baptized, we take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ because He is a perfect being and even though He is perfect He still came to this earth and was also baptized. Our other teacher's name is Sister Bowen. I really like her too. She has really done a great job at making us feel welcomed and comfortable. Here at the MTC they have all of the lights set up which I absolutely love!! I took pictures but I have to buy one of those SD card usb cables in the bookstore....so I'll have pictures next week. Well. I am so grateful for all of your love and support. Remember to continue to talk to your Heavenly Father because He is real and wants to hear from all of us. I love you all so much!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment