Monday, September 12, 2016

Lumberton, North Carolina-Sept 12

Hello!! How has everyone been this week!? Things here are going really good! It still is a scarier area, but I have adjusted this week and feel like I know the area pretty well now. I don't know if I mentioned last week, but the ward here is very small. Yesterday, we only had like 50 people at church. Sister Johns and I were asked to speak on service yesterday in sacrament meeting. So, I turned my talk into a talk on missionary work and hope that something stuck with each of the members.

This week, we have been doing a lot of great finding. We have been working hard and have found a lot of new investigators. The only problem is that it is really hard to discern how invested these people really are. We always find people and then we always seem to have a really hard time getting them to progress because ultimately they have to be the ones to progress on their own. We do have a mom and her children who have set baptismal dates for October. I am excited to watch their testimonies grow!! 

Something that I have learned this week is to be happy! We had Zone Training this week and we talked about how we need to be showing everyone how happy the gospel makes us. So, this week I have really been working hard to step outside of my comfort zone and be more outgoing and enthusiastic with the people that we come in contact with. As I have been trying to be more positive, it has made my time her much more enjoyable! In life, it can be hard to be happy and positive when it seems like everything is going wrong. However, if we keep the commandments and do what our Heavenly Father wants us to do, we will be happier and life will be more enjoyable!! Elder Von G. Keetch said, "As we submit ourselves to His will, we increase in peace and happiness. King Benjamin taught that those who keep the commands of God are 'blessed and happy … in all things, both temporal and spiritual' God wants us to have joy. He wants us to have peace. He wants us to succeed. He wants us to be safe and to be protected from the worldly influences all around us." SSOO, let's do what Heavenly Father wants us to do and be HAPPY!!!

I hope you all have another wonderful week!!! I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything you do!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment