Friday, December 16, 2016

 Lumberton, North Carolina - December 12


Hello friends and family!! I hope you all have been having a wonderful Christmas season!!! Sister Smith and I have been getting into the Christmas spirit and are really excited for Christmas to come!!

This week has been really great!! Our investigator Donna is all lined up for her baptism on Christmas Eve!!! Her Interview is this Thursday! We are so excited for her!!!! All of our other investigators are doing really well too! The last two transfers here in Lumberton have been amazing!!! I absolutely love it here! I never thought I would say that, but it's true. We have been finding lots of work for us to do and have seen many miracles!! The Lord definitely has His hand in the work down here in Lumberton!!

This week, I have been reading in Alma. Before my mission, Alma was probably one of my least favorite books to read in the Book of Mormon. Now, it has become one of my favorites!!!! This week, I read the story of King Lamoni's father. King Lamoni's father is probably one of my most favorite missionary/conversion stories. For those of you who don't remember, after seeing the love and kindness that Ammon had for Lamoni, King Lamoni's father desires to know more about what Ammon had shared with Lamoni. After Aaron is released from prison, he goes and teaches Lamoni's father about the Plan of Salvation and he is then converted. After King Lamoni's father is converted in Alma 22:23, it says "Now this was done in the presence of the queen and many of the servants. And when they saw it they greatly marveled, and began to fear. And the king stood forth, and began to minister unto them. And he did minister unto them, insomuch that his whole household were converted unto the Lord." After the king had been converted, he shared his conversion with everyone he could!! As converted members, of Christ's church we should follow his example and share the gospel with everyone!!! I love this quote from Elder Ballard, "A most significant evidence of our conversion and of how we feel about the gospel in our own lives is our willingness to share it with others." I know that as we share the gospel with others, we will see miracles happen! Also, as we share the gospel we become more converted!! Isn't that wonderful!!!

I love you all so much!!!! Thank you for everything!!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment