Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 17 - Lumberton, North Carolina
 
Hello Family and Friends!!
Sorry about not writing a weekly email last week. Things have been pretty busy down here in Lumberton! Hurricane Matthew has been quite the adventure!! We have been able to help serve the community in so many ways. It has been such a neat experience to watch as the community and other communities come together to help each other. It is something that Lumberton has definitely needed.

This week we have done service every single day. In total, we cut down 18 trees that had fallen down into yards and onto houses. Elder Brown (senior missionary) has loved getting to use the chainsaw that the bishop bought for us to use. We were also able to go help put together bags of food to give out to people. Needless to say, we are very sunburned and tired!!

Something that has stood out to me this week has been the scripture Mosiah 2:17. I have loved the opportunity I have had to serve others on my mission, but this week this scripture took on a new meaning for me. As we have done so much good for these people that have lost so much, it has been such an amazing opportunity to watch as their eyes light up and feel the love of God. So many times we get caught up in the craziness that is life and forget to serve those around us. The greatest blessing we can receive from serving others is having our testimonies strengthened as we see the love of Christ light up in their eyes.

I hope you all continue to have a great week!! I love you all so much and am so grateful for all your love, support, and prayers!! Love you!!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 
I put a few more pictures of our crazy adventure this past week on the google drive, but here are some pictures of us and the.....Daughenbaugh's!!! They came down Saturday with lots of supplies from the members in Garner and Raleigh for several of the shelters. They stopped by our apartment that evening and brought us some supplies as well!! It was really great seeing them. Sister Daughenbaugh called us today and said that her sister is going to be bring us groceries and lunch!! I love her so much!! I love you all!!!
 


**I can't even begin to express my love and gratitude for these dear members of the church who are taking care of my dear missionary. It gives me great peace knowing that in the church we truly are family, despite the fact that we live on opposite sides of this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment