Sunday, October 2, 2016

 September 26 - Lumberton, North Carolina

How is everyone doing this week? I honestly can't believe that my first transfer here in Lumberton is almost over! Time keeps going by faster and faster each transfer. This week has been good! It was car week this week which was really nice!! We were exhausted and sore after our first full week on the bikes! 

This week, we have been trying to get up with all of these new investigators we have been finding, but have had no luck. We are beginning to notice that the people in Lumberton are really great at pretending to be interested at the door, invite us back, and then do everything they can to avoid us when we come back....it's pretty amusing! We are really trying to be bold and loving with these people and set expectations with them that will help them to see how truly important this message is. We have a couple of investigators who continue to meet with us regularly, ask great questions, and feel the spirit as we meet with them. However, they don't keep commitments like coming to church, reading The Book of Mormon, and asking Heavenly Father if it is true. Missionary work is like a juggling act. We really are trying to figure out how we can fill our teaching pool with people that are sincere and ready to progress.

I really loved the Women's General Conference on Saturday night! I loved all of the talks, but my favorite was President Uchtdorf's. What a powerful talk on faith!! President Uchtdorf said "The purpose of faith is not to change God’s will but to empower us to act on God’s will. Faith is trust—trust that God sees what we cannot and that He knows what we do not. Sometimes, trusting our own vision and judgment is not enough.…Faith means that we trust not only in God’s wisdom but that we trust also in His love. It means trusting that God loves us perfectly, that everything He does—every blessing He gives and every blessing He, for a time, withholds—is for our eternal happiness." I love that he says faith is not to change God's will. I have found myself forgetting that even though I have faith, it doesn't mean that everything I pray for will be answered the way that I want it to. Heavenly Father's will is far greater than our will. We need to trust that whatever may happen in our lives is because Heavenly Father loves us!! As we go to church, read The Book of Mormon, pray, keep the commandments, and do all that Heavenly Father has asked us to do, we will be able to find greater peace and happiness through this crazy life! 

I am so grateful for this time that I have to be serving my Heavenly Father. This area has definitely been the hardest area I have had to serve in so far, but I love it!! I have learned so much here and I know that my faith has been strengthened as I have relied on my Heavenly Father to give me the strength and guidance to accomplish His work here in Lumberton. There really is no other place right now where I want to be than on my mission. I have learned so much and have become more of the person Heavenly Father wants me to be!

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you do for me!! I hope you have a really great week!!

Love,
Sister Paynter





1 comment:

  1. Hi mine good Meghan, I too enjoyed conference. I came out of it with a sense of peace, with all that is going on in politics it is hard not to wonder what is going to happen, I just need to remember that God is in control of the world and his will will be done. I hope you are okay with this hurricane coming up the east coast. I pray daily for the missionaries, especially the sister missionaries, they have to have special angels guarding them. Our Lillian is taking her brokers test to become a full fledged import export broker. This is hours long, Mark and have the kids today while she is taking it. Aren't we grateful for the priesthood and a prophet, we have been blessed in this world. Love you dumpling, Grandma Paynter

    ReplyDelete