Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017 - Lumberton, North Carolina

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Hahah I hope everyone is enjoying the Monday holiday and has had a good week this last week. The work here in Lumberton is continuing to grow! This week we have found several new investigators as well as set new baptismal dates.

Last week, we had a wonderful Zone Training. The theme of our meeting and for our zone is "bring 'em home". All of the instruction we received was definitely things that I needed to hear. We talked about being consecrated and working to improve ourselves in the work. I was able to receive lots of inspiration and it gave me the motivation that I needed this week. We've really been working hard to get people to sacrament and it has been quite the struggle. Our investigator Danny did come to church again this week which was great!! Our investigators Tracy and Tony were supposed to be there...they even called us an hour before church...we are still trying to figure out what happened. Things are really great though!! I have felt that this week we have really made a difference in how people view our lessons with them. We have been setting really good expectations with the people we meet so that they understand that we mean business haha!

Every week, I learn lots of new things and this week, something that really stood out to me in my studies was remembering Jesus Christ always. In life, it is so easy to forget about Jesus Christ when we are busy with work and school and other things. Even on my mission, I sometimes forget to think about Jesus Christ in all that I do. This next week, I have made it a goal to remember Jesus Christ more. I know that as I work hard to remember Him in the things that I do, I will be able to feel the Spirit more and receive more guidance. The most important part to remembering Him Always is to go to church every Sunday and partake of the sacrament. Partaking of the sacrament every week is so very important, because each time we take the sacrament, we take a step closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. During the sacrament, we get to renew our covenants with Heavenly Father and commit to do better this week. On my mission, I have really learned how important it really is to take the sacrament every week. Coming closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ should be our number one goal in life. As we remember Jesus Christ always, it will be easier to make the right decisions in life and come closer to Him.

I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything and have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment