Saturday, February 4, 2017

January 23, 2017 - Lumberton, North Carolina

Hey!! I hope everyone has had a really great week this week!! Things here in Lumberton are going really well...except the weather haha. At the beginning of last week the temperature here reached the 80's.........in January. This weather really is quite strange. It's probably also the reason behind this wonderful cold that I have received this week. Even though being sick has completely worn me out, we have still been able to do some really great work.

Our investigators are all doing really well. We are working with a couple named Tracy and Tony. They met with the Elders less than a year ago, but wanted to resume taking lessons after the Elders had left. Since we have been teaching them, they have begun to progress wonderfully!! They are all set to be baptized on March 4th. I can't wait for them! This week, Tracy came to a Relief Society activity with us and absolutely loved it!! She's really great. She keeps texting and calling us to check up on us. She even called this morning to see how my cough was doing....I love her!! Now, we just need to get them to church. Every week, they are so determined to come....and then something happens. This week, the power went out Saturday night and so their alarm clock got reset. Last week, they were all ready to go to church and went out to the car and their tire was flat.....the list goes on and on!! Haha Satan is working really hard on those two!! We also saw our investigator Katie who is my other favorite! She is the one from Minnesota who has been meeting with missionaries for over a year now. This month she has decided that by the end of the month she will make up her mind of what she wants to do.....get baptized or not. We just want her to be happy and know that whatever decision she comes to it will be what is best for her right now.

In Relief Society yesterday, our lesson was from Elder Juan A. Uceda's talk from General Conference called "The Lord Teaches Us to Pray". This talk is really wonderful and I suggest that all of you read it! This talk is just a great reminder of how important it is to pray to our Heavenly Father. On my mission, I have been trying harder to pray more and to always have a prayer in my heart. On the days that I remember to have a prayer in my heart, I feel that my day goes much better because I know I am more in tune with my Heavenly Father. When I am more in tune with Him, I am doing more of the things that He wants me to do rather than what I want to do.

I hope you all have a really great week!! I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment