Sunday, March 12, 2017

Pembroke, North Carolina - March 6, 2017

Hello family and friends! How has everyone's week been? Things here in Pembroke are going really well!!! I absolutely love it here!!! The ward is really amazing!! I have felt at home here in this ward! Sister Olson and I are doing well! The people here in Pembroke are really neat! We have been meeting so many people that are prepared to here the message of the restored gospel!!

This week, we have been able to get up with a lot of people that we haven't been able to see in the last couple weeks. We were also able to find several new investigators!!! We were able to set 2 new baptismal dates with two of the new investigators that we found!!! We were unfortunately not able to get up with Delois and Anthony this week. Hopefully we will be able to see them this week! We have another investigator, Jessica, who is scheduled to be baptized in a few weeks. She loves what we have been teaching her!!! She is always waiting for us and gets so excited when we show up to her house. Our teaching pool is really quite amazing! I am so excited to see what continues to happen here in Pembroke over the next several weeks!

This past week in district meeting, I was in what they call "the hot seat". It's basically just a get to know you thing that our district leader likes to do. Anyways, one of the questions they asked me was what lesson was my favorite lesson to teach? I told them that my favorite lesson to teach was the Restoration because it's the one I know the best and therefor I know it the best. As I have been thinking about it though, the Restoration really is my favorite lesson to teach, but not for the reason I shared in district meeting. The reason I love the Restoration lesson is because it contains so many great and wonderful truths that have really changed my perspective in life. My most favorite truth to share is the fact that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I love the scripture in Romans 8:16-17. It says, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." I love the word heir because it makes me think of a kingdom with Kings and Queens and also Princes and Princesses who are heirs to the kingdom. This verse of scripture simply outlines how much we mean to our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of a loving Heavenly Father. Knowing that I am a daughter of a King has given me so much strength to continue pushing on when things get rough. I know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for each of us and that he loves each and every one of us so much!!!!!

I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything you do! Every day of my mission has been amazing! It's sad to think that the end of my mission is quickly approaching! Being able to be close to the spirit and my Heavenly Father is an experience that has been so sacred to me and I would never trade it for anything in the world!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 
There is this old abandoned house in our area that looks like the Haunted Mansion.....I definitely had to take pictures!!!! I even wore my "Minnie Mouse" skirt haha!!! (Don't worry mom.....I got the skirt for free hahah)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment