Sunday, March 26, 2017

Pembroke, North Carolina - 
Hello Everyone!!! Sorry if this email is shorter than others, but things have been crazy around here!! Hahaha!! Things are going really well though! I found out that a couple more of my investigators in Lumberton are getting ready to be baptized soon!! Hopefully I will be able to go back and see them get baptized!!

Things here in Pembroke are AMAZING!!! I seriously love the ward and the people here so much!!! This week, we set like 7 baptismal dates!!! We found and began teaching two amazing families and set baptismal dates the night we found them!! They are all amazing!! My favorite family though is the Oxendine's! It's a family of three, Kenneth, Layla, and their older daughter Portia! We have had some really great lessons with them this week and they are making wonderful progress! We just need to get them to church!!! Hahaha that has been the struggle of my mission hahaha!!! I am really excited for them!!!

I can't believe that next week I will only have 12 weeks left on my mission! My mission has completely changed me!! For a while, I was a little nervous that I would go home and be the exact same, but over the last several weeks, I have come to realize that I have changed! Being so close to the spirit has been amazing and I want to continue striving to have the spirit with me as much as possible when I get home! The gospel is truly amazing and has changed me so much! I am so grateful for my Savior and his Atoning sacrifice! I love learning about the Atonement and applying it in my life. It's also been amazing to watch the people I have been able to teach use the Atonement as well!! Christ's Atonement is the greatest!!!!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a fantastic week!!! Talk to you later!
Love,
Sister Paynter
 
Picture 1: I found a cool dolphin statue!
Picture 2: This little old man has the neatest motorized wheelchair haha! He has a little trailer hooked on the back to collect cans in! He gets money for the cans he collects hahah! Good old Pembroke!!
Picture 3: This is our cute recent convert Gail.
Picture 4: It rained the other day and there was a beautiful rainbow!!!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment