Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pembroke, North Carolina- April 3

Hey Y'all!! (I just had to express my self the best way I knew how....southernly)
This week has been really great!! My trainee's name is Sister Herr!! It's pronounced her. She is from the Tucson, Arizona area. Vale to be exact. She is such an amazing hard working missionary and I am really lucky and excited to be training her! 

This week was a little slower...I'm pretty sure the Lord is just testing us since it's Sister Herr's first week....He sure does have a sense of humor! The Oxendine family is doing pretty good! They were supposed to come to Conference yesterday, but didn't! They were even supposed to watch the session where Elder Costa specifically spoke to investigators haha! Oh well, we both received a lot of inspiration during Conference on how to help them so we are excited to see where it leads them! I found out that Tracy and Tony got married!! That means in just a couple of weeks they should be getting baptized! Hopefully everything works out and I will be able to go back and see that! 

I just loved getting to watch Conference this weekend!!! When I was a kid, I always felt like Conference went on and on forever!!! But now, I feel like it went by way too fast!!! What really stood out to me this weekend was the emphasis on recognizing the spirit and going back to the basics of going to church and keeping the Sabbath day holy, read the Book of Mormon, and pray! I have come to realize how easy it is to do these things, but that we make it seem a lot harder than it is. Doing the basics really is so important!! It's what strengthens our testimonies and helps us to stand strong against the "whirlwinds" of the devil. I love the scripture Helaman 5:12 that says, "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." So, keep doing the basics and you will not fall!!


I hope you all have a great week!! I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment