Sunday, April 2, 2017

Pembroke, North Carolina - March 27

This week has really been such a great week!!! We had the wonderful opportunity to have Elder Hamula, a member of the Quorum of the 70, come and visit our mission! I absolutely loved the instructions he and his wife gave us!! I definitely received many answers to questions I had and received lots of personal revelation! On Saturday, President James called and extended the calling to me to be a trainer. So, for the next 12 weeks, I will be training a brand new missionary. I will be staying in Pembroke and then after the 12 weeks.....figure it out yourselves...Hahaha! :) I just can't believe the end is coming so quickly!!!

This week, we had many wonderful lessons with lots of our investigators!!! We saw the Oxendine's a couple of times and every time, the spirit was so strong!! They didn't make it to church this week, but Saturday night, Layla and Porschia (mom and daughter) came to the Women's Conference Broadcast!! And they loved it!! It was so good!!! On Friday night, we watched the Restoration movie with them and they loved it! Their other daughter and granddaughter were there and they want to start learning more as well!!! Their family is really just so amazing!!! I love all of them so much!!

During our conference with Elder Hamula, he talked a lot about faith! He showed a really powerful video...you all should watch it...


After watching the video Elder Hamula asked us what we do when the price goes up? Do we give up or do we go forward with faith knowing the Lord will make things work out? I know that through God, all things are possible. I know that even when the price goes up and we feel like we won't make it, if we have faith, the Lord will make it possible!! We have to remember though that we have to do everything in our power to do what is necessary then the Lord can make up the difference.

I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity I have to be serving here in North Carolina! I fall in love with the state and the people every single day!! I can't believe how fast the time is going by! It is definitely going to be a bitter sweet goodbye!

I love all of you so much!!! Thank you for all you do!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment