Monday, May 30, 2016

Garner, North Carolina: May 30

This week was good. We are really trying to get the work moving along. We were able to find a couple of new investigators as well as find some potentials. This week, instead of going through my day to day schedule, I want to share with you what I have learned this week. In fact, I feel like sharing my day to day experiences is getting old. So from now on, I will just talk about a couple of our investigators, their progress, and something I learned that week.

This week, we found a new investigator named Phyllis. I was on exchanges with our Sister Training Leader and we tracted in an area that had already been tracted. When we met Phyllis, she told us that she was invited by previous missionaries to attend our church and she did. Phyllis said that she really enjoyed it and would love to learn more about what we believe.

This last week, I have really been noticing that many of our investigators are not progressing. I have been in this area for 6 weeks and I have not seen a single investigator come to church or follow through with commitments. I have also noticed that we have really been struggling with finding new investigators. One thing I learned while I was in Jacksonville, was that as we prayerfully consider who we need to work with and clean up our teaching pool, we are able to find more of those people that are ready to progress. This can be applied to our day to day lives. Sometimes, we have things that are keeping us from receiving all that Heavenly Father wants us to receive. Those things may be people in our lives who are not good influences for us, tv shows and movies that drive away the spirit, not going to church and partaking of the sacrament, not keeping the Sabbath Day holy, looking at and reading inappropriate material, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The list goes on and on, but so does the list of blessings that Heavenly Father is waiting to give us. We need to be prayerfully considering where we are at in our spiritual life. Are we allowing Heavenly Father to pour down His blessings upon us, or are we holding up our umbrellas and not allowing his blessings to pour down on us? Here is the link to a Mormon Message that I have been thinking about a lot  lately and demonstrates this principle. https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-03-009-a-shower-of-heavenly-blessings?lang=eng

I hope that you will all take time this week to prayerfully consider what is keeping you from receiving the blessings that Heavenly Father desires to bless you with.

I hope that you all have a great week!! I really am so grateful to be apart of this marvelous work and wonder! I wish you all a Happy Memorial Day!! Love you!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Meghan,
    We are so grateful to read your testimonies that we share with you of the truth of the restoration, the divine message of the Book of Mormon, the reality of living prophets, personal revelation and the importance of member involvement in the gathering of Israel through supporting the missionary efforts. We have great missionaries in our area.
    John, Tammy, Kyle, Kaylie, and Jacob are visiting and we are enjoying the fun together. We pray for your health, safety, and guidance to love and enjoy the work, work, work you are doing so well through diligence and obedience. We are grateful to be in the same family with you. Thanks for the encouragement to strengthen our testimonies daily.
    Love, Brenda and Mark

    ReplyDelete