Monday, August 29, 2016

Garner, North Carolina - August 29

How is everyone doing?? I hope "y'all" had a great first week of school!! Life here in Garner has been so amazing!! I found out yesterday that I will be getting transferred tomorrow, not sure where though. I am really sad to be leaving Garner, but excited for my next area in North Carolina. It has been really hard to say goodbye to the people here in Garner because this area has felt the most like home!! Sister Flinders will also be getting transferred and has been called to teach in Mandarin Chinese now!! Also, the Garner ward was split last night and most of our investigators will be in the new Lake Wheeler Ward where two new Elders will be taking over. I am excited to see how our investigators do with Elders!!

Overall, we have really had a great week!! We found out about Sister Flinders news last Monday and so we made the most of our last week together!! The Thorpe's committed to coming to church and then bailed on Saturday. Ruth seems very interested in learning more, but Wesley has started to receive some grief from his family and has become a bit distant. I really hope the new Elders will be really good for him. We didn't get to see Roger and Toni before we left. They are still in the boundaries of the Garner ward, so the new Sisters will continue to teach them. I forgot to mention last week, that we had started teaching a women from India who is Hindu! She speaks pretty fluent in English, but still has a hard time understanding the lessons that we teach. This week, we were able to get pamphlets in her language. For the lesson, we had her read the pamphlet in her language out loud and planned on asking questions as we went along. However, as she read, she would explain what it said and she understood it perfectly!! We didn't even have to ask her the questions we planned, because she answered them as she explained what she understood!! It was an incredible experience!! The Elders will begin teaching her this week and I really hope it goes well!!

This week I have really been reflecting on this last transfer. I truly feel that I accomplished the work that Heavenly Father had for me to do while I was in Garner. However, I am not perfect and never will be perfect, but I really look forward to continuing to improve in my new area. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of this gospel. I loved President Holland's talk from this past general conference when he said "With the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength of heaven to help us, we can improve, and the great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don’t always succeed." We are not always going to succeed, but we get credit for trying!! Don't you just love that! I pray that we may all continue to try a little harder and do what we know we need to do to receive eternal life!! 

"So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything that you have been doing for me!! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment