Monday, August 15, 2016

Garner, North Carolina-August15

How has everyone been? I can't believe that school is starting this week and summer vacation is coming to an end! Time is just flying by!!! This week has been a great week!

The Thorpe's are still doing great! We had a really good lesson with them this week about The Book of Mormon and the restoration of the church. We are really trying to help them strengthen their foundation of their testimonies so that as we move on to the word of wisdom and law of chastity they will already have a stronger testimony to build upon! We also went over on Saturday and helped them move some things into their new house! They are so excited and they have loved the time that we have been putting into helping them! I love their family so much!! This week we also found another really great investigator! Her name is Angie and she is very active in the two churches that she currently goes to, but she loved what we taught her and already has friends in our ward!! 

This week, I have been thinking a lot about time! Time is one of the most precious things that Heavenly Father has given to all of us! As missionaries, our time does go by extremely fast and we cannot waste our precious time!! The time that we spend in the mission field comes and goes in the blink of an eye and we need to do everything we can to use every second of our time wisely! Everyone's time here on earth is just as precious as our time as missionaries! Someone once told me that if we had a rope that went on and on for eternity, the length of time we have on earth compared to eternity could be showed by tying a string of floss to that infinite rope. I believe that Satan knows that he cannot win, but he wants to do everything he can to decrease the number of Heavenly Father's children that will be able to return to Him. Our time on earth is our time to prove to our Heavenly Father that we WANT to be with Him. This is the time that we have to prove to Him that we will do all we can to overcome Satan's traps. However, we are imperfect people and we will fall short, it's in our mortal nature. Thank goodness for Jesus Christ!! He truly has paid the price so that He can help make up the difference! We just NEED to do OUR part!! What a truly important message that is to share!!

Thank you again for everything! I am so grateful for all of the prayers that have been said in my behalf and in behalf of all the missionaries! This work is truly important!! As one of the less actives in our ward says "I want you to win!!" Thank you for all of your help, love, and support!

Love,
Sister Paynter

On Monday we went to this place called City Barbeque.....it was the best barbecue I have had on my mission so far!! It was delicious!



We also took pictures with the Thorpe's on Saturday when we helped them move.


I forgot to mention:

This week, we went to lunch with a member of the Relief Society presidency, Sister Tait. Anyways, on our way to lunch Sister Tait pointed out that Flinders is the name of the family on Saturday's Warriors!!! I did not even make the connection to Sister Flinders!!! hahaha!!!

Also, we had a missionary homecoming in the Garner ward on Sunday and he reminded me of Brady! It was really funny!! He made similar facial gestures and had the same soft spoken voice that Brady had when he first came home. It was great!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Paynter, from one Sister Paynter to another Sister Paynter! We had some fun news last week. Mark and Brenda have been called into the temple presidency here. He will be the first counselor and recorder, he will become a sealer too. Another part of the gospel to learn. There is always something new to learn isn't there? I think that is what makes the gospel interesting. I know when we first joined the church I read everything I could get my hands on, just like a sponge absorbing all these new ideas and loving it. Yesterday, Lillian and her 2 were here. I talked with Ezra, he wanted to know about my vitamins that I take and was so interested. Lil later told me they had read a book about junk food and how it takes places in your stomach that should be filled with vegetables and fruits and vitamins. He is such a neat kid. Seby was here too, mwing the yard. Mark cleared all the weeds and junk out of the rock garden (Hooray). Anyway I so enjoy our family each one is so unique and wonderful (that includes you). Sounds like you are having a lot of success with teaching. Every morning I pray for the missionaries, the mission presidencies and their families and the temple presidencies and their families. They all need help, don't we? So have a good week Megan, learn something new about the Lord and I will too. Love Grandma Paynter

    ReplyDelete