Saturday, February 4, 2017

 January 30, 2017 - Lumberton, North Carolina

Hello everyone!! Can you believe that it will be February this week?? Where is the time going??? This week has been really good!

This week, we had a world wide missionary broadcast and zone conference. The world wide broadcast was wonderful! The apostles and general authorities all discussed the importance of teaching towards conversion with our investigators. They also announced that our daily schedules were being changed and that we now only account for 4 key indicators. It was quite a big announcement! It's going to be interesting this week as we begin to live by a new schedule. Our investigators are doing well. Our investigator Danny is still lined up to be baptized next Saturday. He is still praying for confirmation on Joseph Smith and being baptized, but he really has loved what we have been teaching and what he learns at church. Tracy and Tony still have not come to church!! This week she ended up having to go to the hospital......Satan is really coming down on them! Haha!! Everyone else though is good. We are just trying to make a big focus on getting all of these wonderful people to come to sacrament meeting. Getting people to sacrament meeting has been the hardest thing for me to help people do on my mission. It all comes down to agency..........haha!

This week, the church put out a new mormon message. It's from Elder Holland's talk "Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet". The story that the message portrays is the story that I shared in my farewell talk of the two brothers that were scaling up a canyon wall and got to a point where only one of them could move on. I don't know if you remember that story, but if you don't go an read it, it's a good one. Anyways, I just love the principle that the story teaches us of the need for our Savior. My testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ has grown so much on my mission. I feel that I have become more converted to the Savior. I am grateful for all that Jesus Christ has done for us. Because of Him, we are able to repent and change! I know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father loves all of us so much. All they want more than anything is to have all of us return to live with them one day. So, have faith and grab onto our Savior's hands. He is reaching out for us and waiting for us to use the atonement, repent, and change.

I am truly grateful for this opportunity I have had to serve the Lord and be an instrument in His hands. Missionary work brings the greatest happiness into my life!! I love you and miss you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment