Sunday, February 26, 2017

Monday, February 20 - Pembroke, North Carolina

Hello Everyone!!
This week has been a really great week!! Tuesday, I was transferred to Pembroke to serve with Sister Olson! We came out on our missions at the same time, so it's been really fun getting to serve with her! Pembroke is really great. It's so strange being so close to Lumberton. Pembroke reminds me of Ephraim, Utah and Roosevelt, Utah mixed together.

There isn't a whole lot to share this week since I have still been trying to figure out what is going on here in Pembroke. However, on Saturday, Danny got baptized!!! I was given permission to go back and it was really amazing! I found out at the baptism that when Sister Smith and her new companion had gone over to see him this past week, Danny told them that his brother had changed his mind and told him he could make his own decision about baptism!! Apparently, he really liked what he had heard when we went over a week ago! At his baptism, Danny was just glowing!! He looked so happy!!! It was really such a wonderful experience!

I really am just so grateful for this privilege I have to be serving a mission. Watching people repent and do all that they can to be baptized as a member of the true church has just been so exciting! I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he was called of God to restore His kingdom to the earth again. I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's chosen prophet today and that he receives revelation for all of us so that we can know more about what we need to do to live with our Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have a living prophet who leads and guides our Heavenly Father's church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it truly is another testament of the Savior Jesus Christ. "I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it."

I love you all so much!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
Love,
Sister Paynter

My New Address Is: 109 Barker St. Apt. F Pembroke, NC 28372
 
 Image result for love the people you serve missionary quote




 

No comments:

Post a Comment