Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Garner, North Carolina - July 4

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July!! I know our 4th of July was packed full with fun and joy!!!

This week, Daisju was all set to be interviewed for her baptism, but got sick the day of her interview. So hopefully next week she will be able to be interviewed and then get baptized on the 16th! (Happy Birthday to me...just kidding!) I am so excited for her though! It is amazing how much love I have for these people that I am working with it is truly amazing!! We were also able to find a few new investigators! They all seem to have great potential! I can't wait to see them again this week!

This past week, President James' Sister's family was in town. They are the Ahuna Ohana! The Ahuna Ohana is a family from Hawaii that performs different Polynesian dances as well as a couple of Native American dances. They have performed at the 2002 Winter Olympics, Disney World, and other culture festivals. Anyways, they came to visit this week and did several performances through out our mission! We were able to see two of them. Last night, we got to go to the night time performance for the 4th of July!! My favorite dance was the fire throwing dance that can be seen at the PCC and it was so neat to see it at night in the dark!! 

During the performance, they talked about what their Ohana means to them and how the gospel has helped shape their family. It really made me think about how lucky I am to have the family that I have. I am so grateful for the love that Heavenly Father has shown to me by blessing me with my family! My family has really helped shape me into the person that I am today! I am also so grateful for the family that I have here in North Carolina! I am so grateful for all of the members that care for us and take us in! The Family is truly the most important part of the gospel!! Heavenly Father really has given us families so that we can grow and learn together. What an honor and a privilege it is to know that my family can be together for time and all eternity. I love getting to share that message with others! I love the happiness and excitement others receive when they truly understand that their family can be together for time and all eternity as well. I hope that we can all do what we need to do to ensure that we can be with our families for eternity! 

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this opportunity that I have to be serving Him! I am so grateful for all of the love, prayers, and support from all of you! There is truly no place where I would rather be right now! I hope that all of you have a great week! I love and miss you lots!!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 
Garner District

Harmony

Mushu
 

No comments:

Post a Comment