Monday, July 25, 2016

 Garner, North Carolina - July 25

This week has been amazing!! I am absolutely loving my new companion Sister Flinders!! She is so determined to work hard and find the elect!! It is great!! So, we were going to be in a trio but due to issues with a new missionaries visa, our third companion went with another Sister. We don't really know what will happen when the other Sister comes. We will just have to wait and see.

This week we have had an amazing time finding new investigators. We have spent several hours tracting and searching for those that the Lord has prepared. Agnes (our super great investigator) is doing amazing!! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She loves the idea of eternal families! Agnes is also very excited for her baptism. She has some back problems and was concerned about the baptism, but we told her that it would all work out and she started crying and said that she knew it would work out because Heavenly Father loves all of His children!! Like I said, she is amazing!! We are also working with the Thorpe family. We are still kind of trying to discern their interest level, but they love having us over and have really enjoyed what we have talked about so far! Tonight we are going to be inviting them to be baptized! I can't wait!

This week, I have learned quite a bit! Something that has stood out to me the most though is submitting our will to the Father's. Our Bishop gave a talk yesterday on Elder Maxwell's talk "Swallowed up in the Will of the Father". This week, Sister Flinders and I made it a priority to do EVERYTHING that Heavenly Father wants us to do. Obviously, we are not perfect and we didn't do everything, but we strived to. This week, I have completely lost myself in the work and it has been great. I find myself being more positive and finding more joy in the work. It truly has been the most refreshing week! It reminded me of what I felt in Jacksonville. I know that as we submit our will to the Father's and we honestly strive to do what Heavenly Father has asked of us, we will find greater joy in the journey! 

I hope you all have a great week!!! I will keep all of you in my prayers! I love all y'all!!

Love,
Sister Paynter
 
***I am so grateful for all those who helped make Meghan's birthday memorable. ***
 
 
 
Agnes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment