Monday, June 27, 2016

Garner, North Carolina- June 27

I hope everyone had a good week this week!! Hopefully you are all staying cool and enjoying the summer break!! We have definitely been getting more heat and humidity!! Summer is here y'all!!

This week has been really good!! This week Daisju came home from her trip to Delaware and was able to come to church yesterday!! She loved it!! She is really doing great and on track for baptism! I am so excited for her!! The rest of our investigators are pretty much the same. We are just really trying to help them to progress and continuing to find those that are ready for the gospel!

Something that has been on my mind a lot this week has got to do with the post I posted on Facebook. In Relief Society yesterday, we talked about how we have all had difficult trials in the past. We talked about forgiving and moving on. This week I have really been thinking about the past and how there are so many people that reflect on the past and refuse to forgive others. Something I have really learned to do on my mission is to learn from the past and move on. I love this talk that I found from Elder Ballard, "There are great lessons to be learned from the past, and you ought to learn them so that you don't exhaust your spiritual strength repeating past mistakes and bad choices...Learning the lessons of the past allows you to walk boldly in the light without running the risk of stumbling in the darkness. This is the way it's supposed to work. This is God's plan...Learning the lessons of the past allows you to build personal testimony on a solid bedrock of obedience, faith, and the witness of the spirit." If we continue to run from our past trials/mistakes and not forgive those that have hurt or offended us, then we will continue to exhaust ourselves spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Rafiki says it best, "The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it." Let us all learn from the past, forgive others, and move on. The Lord will be with us every step of the way!!!

I love all of you so much!! Thank you for all of the prayers, love, and support. I hope that you all have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

Picture 1: In honor of Lion King's 22nd Birthday on Friday, I wore some Lion King colors!!
Picture 2: Sister Beard and I grabbed lunch at this delicious gas station named Sheetz! We both agree that Sheetz needs to move out West!
Picture 3: You will never guess what happened to me this week! I got lice!!!!! And all I could think about was when Kylee Poulsen got it and we thought we had it!



 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meghan, I love your letters, you are learning so much about people and life. Good for you, the Lord teaches us just what we need to learn at a specific time doesn't he? I hope this comment will go through, my computer is difficult right now. I enjoyed your Dad and the kids when they were here to visit. We got to do a lot of visiting with the Minnesota Paynters. Mark and Brenda and Catherine and Seby are all leaving for Palmyra this Saturday to drive from there the same way the pioneers moved in the church and meet with Lillian and her family in Nauvoo the following week end. Seby has been mowing our yard the past two weeks. They are keeping 4 chinchilas for the summer from school. Interestng animls. Keep up the good work and learning process. Love you Honey, Grandma Paynter.

    ReplyDelete