Sunday, June 4, 2017

May 22 - Pembroke, North Carolina

Hello Everyone!!!

What a week it has been!!!! Sorry if this email is shorter this week.....time is just getting away from me haha! The days are just flying by lately!!! Sister Herr and I have been making the most of everyday by working as hard as we can, but also having lots of fun!!! This has already been one of the best transfers of my mission!!!

This week, the Oxendine's (minus Porchia) got baptized this weekend!!!! It was really an amazing thing to be a part of!!!! They both told us that they felt different.....they felt better! On Sunday we rode up with them to Stake Conference. Layla wasn't going to go because she didn't feel good, but we persuaded her and did our best to get them out the door on time.....that didn't happen. We ended up being 20 minutes late to Stake Conference ahhaaha!! I have never been late to a church meeting my entire mission! Oh well, we got them there and they loved it!!! They all learned a lot!!!

I am truly grateful for all the opportunities I have been able to experience on my mission. Teaching the gospel to others has really strengthened my testimony!! I know with all of my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true!! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! And, I know that we will be with our families forever if we live true to the teachings of the gospel!!! One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 36:17-20.

17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!

I can testify to you that the gospel truly does bring us joy far greater than any of our pains!!!

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for everything! I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Paynter
The Oxendine's baptism!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment