Sunday, June 4, 2017

May 29 - Pembroke, North Carolina

Hello!!!
I hope everyone has had a really great week!! I can't believe that school is officially out for the summer!! That is just too crazy to me!!!! Time has flown by this year!! Things here in Pembroke are going really well!!

This week, we began teaching the Oxendine's their new member lessons.....it was amazing!!! We can really see such a big difference in them and in their home since they were baptized! It has been really neat!! Yesterday, Kenneth received the Aaronic Priesthood. They are seriously on such an amazing path!!! This is seriously one of the greatest parts of missionary work!!!! We have also been able to do some really good finding this week. Some of the people we found have asked some really great questions and they all seem to have really great potential!!! It's amazing to see how the Lord has His hand in the work here in Pembroke. Things are just going really well!!

This week, I came across this quote by President Hinckley, "It isn't as bad as you sometime think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith." The past few weeks of my mission have been some of the hardest. During those weeks, I sometimes thought to myself that they were never going to end. However, I knew that the Lord had great things in store for me and so I put my trust in Him and went about doing His will. As I lost myself in His work, I noticed that time seemed to pass faster. I also noticed the growth I received in my testimony and my faith. Sometimes in life, we have to go through really hard, difficult trials and sometimes it can be easy to get angry with our Heavenly Father and question why we are being punished. However, I have learned in my life and on my mission that those hard times are not to punish us, but to bless us. During our hardest times, if we put our trust in the Lord, He will shape us and mold us into something truly amazing!!! Without the hard times I have had in my life, I honestly don't think I would be where I am today. Also, if I hadn't gone through the trials I have gone through on my mission, I would not have been changed into the person/missionary I am today! I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses us with loving corrections. I truly know that He loves each and everyone of us so much!! I know that if we trust in Him during our hardest times, He will bless us with the greatest blessing.....CONVERSION!!!

I love you all so much!! Thank you again for all that you do for me!! I have been very blessed by the experience I have been able to have here on my mission!! There truly is no other place I would rather want to be right now! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment